How To Enable External SSL in cPanel?
SSL is essential for protecting your website, even if it doesn’t handle sensitive information like credit cards. It provides privacy, critical security, and data integrity for both your websites and user’s personal information.
Multiple providers provide free SSL with their hosting plans whereas, many hosting providers don’t offer this such as GoDaddy.
In this case, you have two choices whether you pay for SSL again, or you can freely install it from a third-party SSL provider such as ZEROSSL.
Here, in this tutorial, we’re gonna walk you “To Install Third-Party SSL On Your Website For Free”.
Install Third-Party SSL On Your Website
How do I enable free SSL on my website?
SSL certificates can be installed by shared hosting users, VPS users, and Dedicated server owners.
Follow these steps:
I’m using File Upload method as it is convenient to me. You can verify with other methods if you want.
- Now click over the Verify Domain button.
- Wait for a couple of seconds and a Download Certificate button will be visible to you.
- Download & Extract the zip file and click over the Next Step button.
- Go back to your cPanel and search for SSL in the search box.
- Now click over the Manage SSL Sites button.
- Scroll to the Installation section and Select Your Domain.
- Now open your recently extracted folder. Copy all the codes one by one and paste them into their respective section.
- Click over the Install Certificate button when you’re done.
- You’ve successfully installed a Free SSL certificate on your website. You can install free SSL certificates on multiple domains.
This SSL is valid for 90 days only. After that, you can simply re-install it by repeating the same process if you don’t want to pay for it.
You can check out our Shared Hosting Plans. We committed to providing unlimited FREE SSL CERTIFICATES to our users.